Originally Posted by fishdog52
Bearschlayerx2, Thanks for posting. I think it's consistent with the congenial nature of the Campfire to share precisely such info.
I, respectfully, disagree with GeneB. In the age of the internet and Google, only the luddites think such information is secret.
A little piece of me wants to use stronger language.

I agree, it's not secret, it's out there for anyone with enough effort to sit behind a computer to find it themselves ... so, then why do people feel the need to post it all again? Isn't there going to be enough competition without doing that?

Use your strong language if you wish, but at least use it to answer one of my questions - if you found an auction for something you were really interested in would you post it here? ...or want someone else to? Nobody has ever posted a live auction they are interested in themselves - I prefer that auctions I am going to bid on are not posted here and I do not post live auctions I am not interested in to show the same courtesy to others who have found an auction on their own and may not want it posted.

I also go one step farther, I sell occasionally on eBay and I have not, and will not, post my own auctions, I know other here that do the same. Do me one favor, if you find something at auction that you really have been looking for, and really want, post it here while live to show your own sincerity and commitment to what you say.

Gene