Originally Posted by GeneB
Originally Posted by JeffG
so I don't waste my time or money buying worthless junk, (...thats why I'm not on the sites about mossbergs)

now, now, now.. I just recently bought a junker, and it also was a Mossberg... because I was trying to learn more about them. It was, however, a really rare version of their pump 22 that used a design that had patents in the name of two of Arthur Savage's sons - sometimes junk (and even Mossbergs) can be a research tool (but only if you can't find a nice example!). I believe this gun was actually designed by Arthur Savage and patented in his sons name only for legal reason, can't prove it but there is information that points to that. This is also the design that the Savage Model 29 was based on, the patents ran out in 1929 - unlike most other Savage guns you will not find any patent information stamped on a Model 29 because it was not based on any of their own patents.

Mossberg Model S
[Linked Image]
PS, I will not post the price I paid for this, not because I thought I got a bargain, but to save myself some embarrassment.

SEE! Now that's what I'm talking about! Education. Thanks for that Gene!

I am given the opportunity to re-examine and re-evaluate myself, and I hereby officially rescind my judgement of Mossbergs.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG