I've been away for the weekend,,,,,,,BUYING guns. Nonetheless, I heard about this thread going south. A fair number of you guys make me think you should be in L.A, Wash. D.C., or New York City with all the other women marching in protest. I've been buying guns for a fair number of years and have bought exactly FOUR from an auction site. ALL four guns were from sellers right here on the forum who happened to give themselves a plug. Some of you come here to a collectors site for the sole purpose of value seeking. Others come here and brag about bastardizing a rifle knowing it will undermine a collecting aspect. For years I was a bottom feeder picking up "what was left over". I am old and grumpy now, but finally can pick and choose what I want to buy. Never ONCE asking what it's worth. Only asking my self "What is it worth to me"?

New York was good to me again. I picked up the last 2 1899 "B"s. a 32-40 and a 38-55 to complete the 5. Both rifles have pristine bores

Below those are all 5 99-F's. Laying on the floor is over 16K. Not to brag, but I'm wondering how many here would have done the same. And in another week, I will be getting another rifle that was close to a king's ransom according to some. But I did it and it'll be mine to enjoy however I see fit. An EG in .358.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5