Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by shootem
But seriously folks, I don't have the faith required to deny the existence of God. And I haven't found Him to be some sort of a magician that makes things appear out of nowhere with no evidence of process. God is the Grand Scientist. He made mathmatics, physical science, quantitative analysis, quantum physics, heat hot, ice cold and on and on and on. For example, my understanding of evolution does not conflict with God the Creator (Elohim). The scientific study of evolution to me is just backtracking God. That isn't to say opinions based on slim evidence are always right. Most likely many of the things scientists today are convinced are true are false or only partially right no matter how firmly it is believed. Belief doesn't change absolute fact. He didn't create earth, or any of His creations for that matter, as static entities. Instead, thru His will and power He gave them all the ability to adapt as necessary in the face of change. Sermon over. Pop quiz later.

so, very true. but it works on both sides of the ledger. a lot of stuff promulgated by the theological types have been proven to be less than stellar in accuracy. but, we have changed in our understandings over the years, over the thousands of years since Abraham et.al. science wants to occupy a piece or part of the stage. and well it should. that means something has got to give.

Absolutely the inverse of that statement is true. But ahhhh, UNDERSTANDING!! Many things we deny to be, are true in fact but we miss the full truth because we misinterpret fact. Things we claim to be true may be false for the same reason. Many things we interpret to be true really are, even though the facts are not fully understood or communicated. They are true but incompletely so as viewed or described. Example I have pondered greatly but do not yet have a full understanding of:

The Jews of Exodus wandering in the desert described God who led them as a 'Cloud of Smoke' by day and a 'Pillar of Fire by night'. No doubt to me they reported fact, but there is much more there they did not have the ability to interpret even as they watched. So they were accurate but 'incomplete' in their description. How would one of us interpret the same 'fact' were we to view it with today's understanding of reality? It'll be amazing to find out.

And now for today's pop quiz. What is the name for God the Creator?

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."