Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
You can't load the same way for an ar 15 like you would a bench rest bolt gun. In my experience you get great groups here or there on a day here or there but for me no ar 15 is really capable of producing anywhere near the pure consistency that you can with a custom bolt gun. I don't care whoes barrel is on your ar.

If your seeing 3/4 moa on a consistent basis your getting about all that can be gotten on a reputable everytime basis with an ar 15. Barring uber competition guns or something like that. I know others will say mine shoots in the .2's "when I do my part" ok fine. I just call it like I see it. With that said, I don't do factory guns anymore. But i still have a 16" rra carbine. That gun shoots just about anything into 1.25" or less including steel case. It also shoots most stuff to the same point of impact. I would be happy if every ar barrel I owned shot as good as that barrel with so many different loads. Does it shoot half or .25" groups? it has before but it's generally around 3/4 with the stuff it likes. That is more accuracy than I need to the cartridge effective range of 350 ish yards. I just wish rra would update their product too many hbar heavy barrels. If they offered more contours I might just use their barrel instead of whatever top shelf stuff is out there

How did you do in the black rifle challenge here??

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA