There are a lot of variables on a 100 acre small lease. I've seen some that are outstanding, because they are just over the low fence from a large ranch that is heavily managed. One is ok as long as the management strategy is adhered to. Problems arise when you are on a hundred acre lease by yourself, surrounded by five other hundred acre leases with ten hunters each. I once had a chance to buy 25 acres with a small house, surrounded by national forests. It would be a great base and one person might never have to hunt outside the fences.
Ingwe is right when he speaks of 4000 acre high fenced property. I've read that most deer never go more than a mile from where they were born. That being the case, what's the difference is in the writer's mind, not the deer's. The fact that one can hunt exotic deer's or antelope year around is a positive. I would've loved to hunt the prairies, or Rockies, but those weren't in the cards. I've only hunted outside Texas twice, once Africa, once New Mexico. I am not physically able to doo much walking or mountain climbing, but I do have a bucket list that includes the Texas Panhandle and 'up north'.
Captdavid

Last edited by captdavid; 02/12/17.

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds.

If you are a hunter, and farther than that, get closer!