Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by hanco
You don't really see a whole lot of high fence unless you are in south Texas. Owners high fence to improve the deer herd. They fly it twice a year, game biologists decide the correct amount of bucks and does to shoot. They take X number 5/12 year old trophies, X numer cull bucks, and X number does. Managed lands have a longer season also. They bring in better quality bucks also. The better and bigger the deer, the more the lease is worth.

Some ranches run guided operations, guide sits in stand, gives you green light to shoot. If you want to kill a whopper, this is the surest way.

I've no problem with folks shooting livestock if that's what they enjoy. I would hate however for that to become the norm.

livestock because of feeding or because of fence? Some will never get it.

And fences don't keep all in or out. I used to watch a doe come jump in and out of an 8 foot fence every day I was turkey hunting... Got to be that I'd go watch that trail just to see it, then go chasing turkeys...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....