i just told this story to a buddy the other day. about 20 years ago i was hunting in this river bottom and slid my way down a cliff to a little area along side the river. it was about 100 yards wide and 300 yards long. bordered on 3 sides by cliffs and one side by the river. it was on a bend of the river that catches all the flood debris and is choked with logs and shoulder high brush. but there were trails all through it and it was full of huge rubs. i was working my way through looking for a spot to set up and jumped a buck out of its bed at about 20 yards. i just saw it for a few seconds but it was by far the biggest buck i have ever seen in the wild. lots of points, wide and high rack with a lot of mass. i saw it running through the bottoms and could just see its head. that was one for the books. the problem with hunting this area was the only way to get it out would have involved a boat and the nearest roads were about a mile upstream and downstream. and even getting to the place was a long hike with multiple steep climbs. i still toy with the idea of dropping my old john boat in there before season and camping out for a few nights. but thats not likely to happen.

My diploma is a DD214