Originally Posted by Oheremicus
The second buck, the one with the wide spread, add some mass, and you have "Old Blunt Toes." When I first saw him, he was about 3 yrs. old based on his body mass and 34 wide X 22 high, four on each side. Tried to find him or fresh sign for the next 3 years. Never found either.
A good friend ran an intense survey of the Desert Bighorn living in that area. Said he found his tracks, but never saw him. In spite of covering the area on the ground and in the air with helicopters.
He finally got a video of him from a helicopter a year or two later. 7-9 points on a side and about 37 inches wide. I kept looking for him or his very distinctive tracks. Found nothing but a few old tracks.
Last year I found the tracks left by the one I wounded and lost in 2014. He's still alive. Lost seven pounds in three weeks looking for him. All I found were old tracks. That one was 33-34 wide and half that high with four points on a side.
Then there is the one I was shown a picture of at a water source while he was in velvet... Ever see a picture of a buck that would go well over 40 inches wide ? E
Dayom, O, i need to start hunting with you. grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin