Originally Posted by Sako76
I hunt Delaware County in New York and Bedford County in Pa, both have 3 point antler restrictions. I can tell you by experience that trying to count 3 points on a small rack buck running or fast walking thru brush isn't easy even looking thru a scope! I saw 5 bucks on opening day in Pa. and the only legal deer I saw I missed fast walking thru brush after it took me forever to see the third point! I had him in the wide open but didn't see the third point until it was almost too late. The other 4 bucks I saw were sub legal scrubbers and not big deer. I find it hard to believe people have 1.5 year old 10 pointers. NYS has mandatory check stations on Rt. 17 every year!

We never would have ended up with 1.5 year old 10 points if it were not for management restrictions...

I often compare it to livestock.... you would not just shoot all your promising stock... you'd let genetics work and try to end up with better, most would anyway.

Like I"ve said, different areas may need different goals, but for us, management did all the good in the world and very very little negative associated with it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....