We should go to a different topic in a way.

Differing areas have different needs. The management than many don't want, has to be done differently to fit an area.

Its been rumored here locally, that if anyone much said we want to drop our local regs, its done what it needed to, brought the herd back to better numbers and shown killers that if you are a bit selective, then you end up with more, and healthier, and yes often larger racked deer.

I've not heard anyone ask for the rules to be removed. I'm sure some out there do wnat it though.

Interesting thing is removing the rules at this point would not change things much I dont' think. As noted its had its effect in 2 ways already.

Im the guilty one here I suspect for dragging this OT< my point was to teh OP folks, that dont' disregard an attempted improvement until you give it a while to see.

We had other things going on here, first it was doe days, then doe weekends, then doe weeks. They did nothing to help and were washed out after a few years.

The real question should be are folks satisfied with whats what, and is that the majority of folks? If so then I should have to abide by whatever the rules are.

And unless you have large tracts of private land, then you should not be able to opt out.

Heck I suspect that what works in one part of TX may or may not work in other parts at all. Same can be said of the US as a whole.

Me, I'd be just as happy killing a handful of does every year for the freezer as anything else personally. I really like watching the bucks around the house all year long. Something about that, but I digress.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....