Originally Posted by fishdog52
rost495, I think you have confused a bunch of things.
Texas ain't New York or Pennsylvania. You might be as happy about that as I am.
Got 2 dairy farms in the family and grew up on one. The male of the species is considered relatively insignificant in a dairy herd. This is also true in whitetails. Big bucks or big bulls are more freaks rather than indicators of the healthy herd you keep mentioning.
Some of simply want to go hunting with a reasonable opportunity to find game. The decision to shoot is mine.
Stopping here.

Well that goes against every cattle rancher and game biologist I"ve ever known.

So a runt bull non tested is as good as any other in the dairy business? I've learned something new today.

RE deer you may be talking huge book deer or such though, that part I agree on, but you can easily see how a management program effects a non managed cattle operation or deer herd.

The question is do we care. And I'm not trying to be better than anyone else, simply I do what I do and if Scott or Tzone or you want to just roll along and have fun thats good by me too. Thats why we pick friends and hunting partners too, so that we are thinking the same way basically. In the end, it sure works out.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....