Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I'd just get sick of dragging those heavy, smelly bastards out of the woods. I've never cared much about antlers. I go hunting to kill something and eat it. I fed most of that big 10 point I killed to the dogs. The meat was tough and I could tell by the smell that it was meat from that buck {I killed a couple other deer that year too} when my wife took a package of it out of the freezer and left it on the counter to thaw.

When I read this kind of thing, I know I'm in the presence of a bullszchitter and/or someone that doesn't know how to take care of the meat.

I've killed and eaten bucks 7+ years of age - both ag fed and big-woods deer and have never had one like you describe. But it makes for a heck of a story.

I've never had a buck that was worse or horrible compared to any other deer regardless of age or gender....all about field care and cooling the carcass properly.....then processing your animal correctly. If you just qtr a deer without removing the glands in certain areas, you're sure to get a schitty taste.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia