Guys, The 22-250 is the best deer killer I have ever used. I have hunted and taken deer for more than 60 years down here in Texas. I have used several different rifles from 30-30, 222, 250 Savage, 25-06 AI, 30-06, 280 Remington. AI, 243 Winchester, and 22-250. I have hunted with others who have used several other rifles.

The 22-250 is the best of the lot for me. I actually quit deer hunting a number of years ago but I have taken 13 white tail deer with a 22-250 and all were one shot kills. Most of these deer were running because I walked a lot. At least two were standing at over three hundred yards. Most were neck shots but not all. I remember one that I hit in the ham as he was running away and he was another instant kill. Now during this time I misted a few but all that were hit were one shot kills.

I used mostly 55 grain simipoints and some 50 grain bullets. The 22-250 is designed to shoot fast light weight bullets so I would not use heavier slower bullets. It is what it is, it is not a .243 or a .250.

An older friend told me once that all you need to kill a deer is any rifle that will blow a big hole in it. I agree.

Concho Bill