Originally Posted by ConchoBill
Guys, The 22-250 is the best deer killer I have ever used. I have hunted and taken deer for more than 60 years down here in Texas. I have used several different rifles from 30-30, 222, 250 Savage, 25-06 AI, 30-06, 280 Remington. AI, 243 Winchester, and 22-250. I have hunted with others who have used several other rifles.

The 22-250 is the best of the lot for me. I actually quit deer hunting a number of years ago but I have taken 13 white tail deer with a 22-250 and all were one shot kills. Most of these deer were running because I walked a lot. At least two were standing at over three hundred yards. Most were neck shots but not all. I remember one that I hit in the ham as he was running away and he was another instant kill. Now during this time I misted a few but all that were hit were one shot kills.

I used mostly 55 grain simipoints and some 50 grain bullets. The 22-250 is designed to shoot fast light weight bullets so I would not use heavier slower bullets. It is what it is, it is not a .243 or a .250.

An older friend told me once that all you need to kill a deer is any rifle that will blow a big hole in it. I agree.

Concho Bill
Sounds like a mess and waste of fine meat to blow big holes in small deer.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....