I gave up seeking acting jobs after an agent told me I "looked like an over-aged Hitler youth."

However, I did get one acting credit for a 1979 short film as a nameless nerd in a diner who tries everything to pick up some girls.

The title was "Chicken Salad Sandwich." It regularly played on local late night TV here in Cincinnati, because Bob Shreve would run it as filler on his all-night movie show. The big schtick was what I could do with the paper cover of a soda straw. I did several gags with it to impress the girls at the next table, the best of which was blowing it straight out horizontally and have it do a vertical loop land back on my plate.

I used to have a Youtube link for it, but it doesn't work anymore.

My claim to fame is that I had top billing over an up and coming Faith Prince who later won a Tony Award for Guys and Dolls with Nathan Lane. Faith played a waitress in this short.

Faith Prince

[video:youtube]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0697650/[/video]

The University of Cincinnati Film Society put this on the bill with Andy Worhol's Frankenstein one night. I went with the producer and some of the cast to the showing, dressed in the same jeans and shirt I'd worn in the film. I sat in the middle of the balcony for both showings and just waited for folks to recognize me. One of my life's favorite moments was getting a standing ovation from those crowds.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer