I'm certainly not an actor and have never been in a movie, but my handwriting was! In 1989 or so, some movie people came into the first gun shop I worked in. They were filming a movie called "Chattahoochee" at the old State Insane Asylum here in town. It was about a Korean War vet who came home and lost his noodle. They had a M1 Garand that they needed to have some 'smithing done so it would cycle blanks and an old Smith model 10 with hardly any blueing that they wanted refurbished to look new. We did whatever to the Garand and reblued the Smith and refinished the grips.

When the guns were ready they told us they wanted to bring the "Star" of the movie in and have us walk him through how to handle the guns because he was a Brit and was unfamiliar with firearms. A few days later they showed up and introduced us to their "Star", a very unassuming fellow, who turned out to be Gary Oldman. None of us had ever heard of him at the time, I think his biggest role prior to that was playing Sid Vicious in "Sid & Nancy". A few years later he hit the big time as "Dracula". Anyway, he had all the personality of a stale donut. Another guy and I took him back into the indoor range and showed him how to hold the Garand without looking too much like a wuss. Finally he was ready to "shoot it". He cranked off a few quick rounds and then, with some panic in his voice, proclaimed "The bullets are hitting me! The bullets are hitting me!" The ejected empties were simply hitting the divider between the bays and harmlessly bouncing off his shoulder. Our hero was not amused...

He finally got with it and is seen in the opening scene firing the Garand in Korea. Later in the film, he is seen buying the S&W in a pawn shop and the gun tag is the one that I wrote for them with the make, model, caliber and a 1955 price on it. Of course it can't be easily seen but I knew it was there when I saw the movie!

So that's my claim to fame. It was not a blockbuster, but besides future Star Oldman, it had Dennis Hopper and Ned Beatty. I think it was only in the theater for a month or so, but I bought it on VHS and have it around here somewhere. I might pull it out and watch it again this weekend.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099242/