This is why I haven't sold my 140 acres in the Catskill Mountains in New York. I have my own well and enough wood to keep us warm forever. My place has phone, cable and electric but I can do well without all of that.

I keep the barn friggin loaded with enough firewood for years and I constantly keep the hand-driven well pump in working order.

There's enough deer on my side of the mountain to feed my family quite well. Plus my 3 acre lake has a rediculous amount of panfish and bass year round.

I commute from NYC to my place every six weeks or so. Usually stay for a week at a time.

I'm no prepper, though. I have enough ammo for my rifles and shotguns to hunt deer and upland game to my heart's content.

But I guess I wouldn't last very long in a siege situation. I am down to three rifles and three shotguns. And down to only one pistol - which I carry legally concealed even in NYC - a Smith & Wesson Detective Special .38 five shot.

If the world goes to [bleep] I will be fine if left alone. But that wont' happen.

Last edited by StarGazer; 04/25/17.