Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I believe he was a military historian and based his books on a commission report on this topic that came out simultaneously with the 9/11 commission report and subsequently was buried from the public consciousness due to that horrific attack and public attention.

That report however pointed out the general serious vulnerability of our electrical grid infrastructure and painted a fairly bleak picture of the potential effect of such an attack.

Forstchen, may have taken some literary license but in scanning the report (its online) perhaps not. Anyway, he tells a story well.

George: there is extensive literature our there on the net regarding the frailty of our grid. It is extremely vulnerable to many other ways to sabotage it and nothing as drastic as a nuclear initiated EMP. Basically, hit a few electrical hubs/grids around the country that are very unprotected and the cascading effect will ensure complete shutdown.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”