Let's take a look at Atlanta. My brother is a big lawyer in Atlanta makes about $500K. Lives in suburbs in town, "inside the Perimeter."
His wife is a Hillary voter and dislikes guns. He has no guns. You have to be very discreet when talking about your preparations for this kind of stuff. One time I mentioned to my brother, the Bright Boy with all his college degrees, about the possibility of an EMP. He just brushed it off.
He has no idea of the preparations I have made.

My daughter in law is an exec for IBM, makes $180K a year, also lives in a $600K house inside the Perimeter. She dislikes guns and she and husband have no guns. Never bothered mentioning to her this subject.

These two families are prime examples of people who will be screwed after an EMP. In this case it would be heavily armed black gangs, would arrive at their doorstep. Let's see, how long does it take for a black gang to walk 10 miles?

So on Day 4 these 2 families would be slaughtered.

On the other hand, I have a buddy, Dennis. He is more into Survival stuff than I am. He lives about 6 miles north of the Perimeter, in Gwinett County. Hell, Dennis has more food, water, guns and ammo than I have!

So as the black gangs move north of the Perimeter they will encounter people like Dennis and they will get shot all to hell. Won't get more than 5 or 10 miles north of the Perimeter and they will all be destroyed.

At any rate life will be impossible, any where near a big city. And it will be brutal, and difficult, even way out in the countryside where I live.