Originally Posted by hclark
Well...I enjoyed reading this thread, and it got my blood up for a760! I have a few 14's & 141's, but never owned a 760 or 7600.
Found this one and just couldn't resist it. 1952 760 in 300 Savage, love that wood!
[Linked Image]

Congratulations on a nice rifle with REALLY nice wood, hclark. You really got a jewel there.

I had been looking for an early M760 in either 300 Sav or 35 rem for quite a while. Stumbled across this one last year and jumped on it. The older 4X40 Tasco scope is remarkably clear and was still zeroed. The barrel was shiny and sharp and a patch soaked with Ed's Red I pushed through it looked exactly the same at the other end. The crown was perfect. I really wonder how much the thing has been shot! The barrel stamp is CYY, indicating an April, 1952 date of manufacture. The SN is 208XX. According to a moderator at the Remington Society Forum, April 1952 was probably the first month the M760 was chambered in 300 Savage.

Being D&Ted for a scope might bum some guys out, but was perfect for me. I am not a collector and hunt with all my rifles. Since my eyes will no longer tolerate iron sights, the scope was welcome.

[Linked Image]