Originally Posted by wink_man

I mounted a period correct El Paso Weaver V4.5 1.5X4.5 variable on it in the long extinct swing over Weaver Pivot Mounts. Those mounts are superb for the low comb stocks on the 760/742 series of guns. The scope sits low, good cheek weld to stock and swing it aside for a good cheek weld with the irons. And the gun writers back in the day who bashed these mounts claiming they wouldn't hold zero if swung back and forth obviously never tried them to see it their statements were true.

wink man: Totally agree with you. I have those old Weaver Pivot mounts on three of my 760/7600's. They are great for bear hunting, especially when you have to trail one into a swamp,that isn't DRT and laying at the bait after the shot.

I've checked the zero after repeatedly flipping the scope off and back on while at the range. Never had a problem on any of my rifles. Some of the old gun geeks AND hunters liked to bash stuff they never actually tried. Especially pump rifles. I wouldn't use them if they didn't do the job year after year.

WN

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.