Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by tmitch
I picked this .30-30 carbine off Cabelas sale rack last year for cheap. Sweet little gun. I've been contemplating sending it to JES to punch it out to .375. When I called and inquired whether it was feasible, he said he's done several and they work great. Might have to get off my a$$ and send it in.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

TMitch, I'm no 760? [old pump gun] aficionado by any stretch, and your rifle of course, but I wouldn't drill that 30-30 Sir, that's got to be a rare bird, running 170gr Partitions at 2400 fps with RL-15 aint going to run from much, plus, you could send 150gr Partitions outta that little mag fed? banger, nice rifle, Congrats on the purchase.

The Savage 170 isn't a particularly strong action, so I'd use caution before trying to making into something that it wasn't designed to be. Savage made them just srong enough to operate at 30-30 and 35 REM pressure levels, so stressing it might lead to problems.

They work pretty well within the parameters of their design, as good woods range medium game hunting rifles.