New to me older Remington 760 in 30-06. Gun had been sitting in the shop for months, with zero interest for $250. I went up to look at a 700 bolt action in 7mm Rem magnum, which I bought.

Anyways, I asked if the gun was still there and they replied yes. I told them I'd give them $200 for it, I wouldn't go $250 because the last one I bought from them was newer(1965 vintage) and had checkering and all and I paid $250 for that one. So they text the guy and he says he'll take $200, so cool, I bought it.

Went home and did some checking, with a barrel code of "ayy", the gun is a first year manufacture made in March of 1952.

The gun is in beautiful condition, no scratches in the wood and no bluing loss except for on the pump tube, which would be normal if it was pumped a few times. However, it certainly doesn't look like it was used or shot very much.

Rear sight was removed and it has a weaver scope base so probably had a scope mounted way back when, but in that condition, for $200, I'll take every one I run across.

Picture is just the way I got it, I didn't even wipe it down, pretty clean gun for its age !!!!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people