Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Actually, I suspect it's a smart move by Hornady. The 6.5 SAUM has been a wildcat for a while now, and as a result there are different versions of reamers, and I believe even GAP even offers two different throat lengths. As a result, it's something of a PITA to come up with a SAAMI acceptable chamber for an existing wildcat.

Hornady bypassed all that by using the RCM case, which doesn't have enough less capacity than the SAUM to make any practical difference in velocity.

This makes a heap of sense to me.

I'd add, in addition to working in the fine Kimber 8400 action (among the best designed for the WSM case IME), any of the USRAC WSM actions, including the BACO "Extreme Weather" WSM, would be able to utilize the 6.5 PRC to its fullest OAL.

A 6.5 PRC in a Winchester Model 70 EW or FWT with 24” barrel is really in my sights. I doubt they’d offer it in factory guise so as to avoid competing with the many WSM offerings they already have, but I’d be on either (or both) as soon as they hit the street.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?