Remington actions are barking up the wrong tree... all they have is cost/ contacts with wal-mart and acadeamy and other big box stores, real shooters look past their current prodution. They are no longer the standard, more innovative companies have surpassed them. And they are living on borrowed time. For the same price of buying one and getting it trued, you can get any number of semi custom actions that will shoot better and still take all the parts. But even those are tied to a dying standard of remington bolt spacing/ mag box. The world isn't spllit between .308 and 30-06 anymore. Theres alot in between there... just how the pre 64 winchester model 70 were all long action, short actions killed them. Now actions that can support a looooong heavy for caliber bullets while still maintianing case capacity will bury both long and short actions for those in the know who read forum like this and either handload or buy rifles/ factory ammo made to new specs.

The 870 detachable mag? Really? Thats innovative to what crowd? The only advancment remington made in the rifle world, is bolting together everyone elses parts for a 6K custom sheep rifle. I bet they even let someone else true their crappy action...

Creedmore and PRC are good examples of real advances in technology and design. I hope the PRC gets the same support as the Creed as it is something I could really get behind. Creed gives up alot to my 264 Win Mag, if I had known about it 7 years ago I might still have a Beanland custom that I sold as a .260, what I would give to get it back, and have it set back and rechambered to creed and not have bought my 264 win mag...

The PRC can get into the same ballpark as th .264 and let me rebarrel the 264 when it gets shot out to a .338 or something....

Last edited by Mjduct; 12/08/17.