Originally Posted by westside_benny
I wish that if the powers that be want to make something go forward it would be the 6.5 RSAUM. It is well thought out and delivers beyond what this cartridge does. If the whole 'wildcat' problem is it's only downfall than just standardize the one the everyone is gravitating to..the GAP 4S. How in the hell can that be any more an issue than coming out with another frigging cart that underperforms the best thing going?

Now I understand the eternal butthurt of the the .260/Swede guys vs. the Creedmoor crowd. What can this stupid PRC thing do that the GAP can't do better? Put the marketing there!

Been reading this older thread because I find the PRC interesting. Any first hand experience yet with this round? Results?

Decided to include Benny's post only to add something that I don't recall reading in the thread regarding to comparison of PRC to SAUM/GAP 4S. The base of the PRC is the same diameter as the rim, so the rim is not rebated like that of the SAUM. Obviously this contributes to the slightly smaller capacity of the PRC. The slightly smaller diameter of the PRC is also carried out to the shoulder. I read where George Gardener said he preferred the non rebated rim. Maybe this helps with reliable feeding? Not sure, but he did note that. He also indicated that the PRC, based on the RCM, is the case he wanted to use BEFORE the GAP 4S, but when he approached Hornady then, they didn't have the capacity to produce the brass due to their demand during the panic buying era at the time. He was left to modifying available brass which was SAUM, thus the GAP 4S.

All that to say, maybe the PRC is simply standardizing what Gardener wanted in the first place, not necessarily to improve on the GAP 4S. Granted, seemingly all it does is reduce diameter by less than 0.020"......

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.