I'm sure a Nosler 220 would work just fine on anything in NA as the nose is very soft. I had a rebarreled Mod 70 FWT in 30-06 in the mid 90's and killed a big cow elk with it and the Hornady LM 180 load. It worked fine. I then had an opportunity to go to South Africa , so thought, for grins I'd load the 220s. In that particular rifle, which was throated normal, and in that Mod 70 action I had to seat them pretty deep. Only problem was the load that it shot the best ( don't remember the powder now...) was compressed so my dies left a deep ring/distortion in the nose. Yeah, they shot well, but I was too spooked to use it. I found a used Mod 700 35 Whelen Classic locally and had it reamed to the Ackley, and shot the then new to me Barnes 250X at 2550. The Waters Parted, so to speak. I did give that 06 to a Missionary friend of mine there and 5 boxes of the then available Federal High Energy 180 NPT which went 2970 in that rifle! He shot everything including eland with, how do they say it..".aplomb", ha, so its a great round indeed. I always, since, in any 06 I've had, worked up a good 200 PT load, sometimes a Speer or Sierra 200 but always the PT. So easy to find a good load and great penetrators in an easy to handle caliber ( caveat: "Unless" you were to use my deceased Father in Law's Sears Ted Williams Mod 70 knock-off with the hard plastic buttplate....brutal barely describes it...with 150s!)