I really like the heavy bullets in the old war horse. All of the .30-06's I have owned simply love the heavy weights. My last kill was with a custom model 70 with a 27" pipe. I was shooting 200 grain Speer Hot core bullets at 2,700 fps behind a stiff load of RL22. I was hunting wild buffalo in the rugged mountains of Utah. After several days of REALLY tough hunting and lots of sho leather, I finally found a couple of buffs at 8,500 feet in the steepest, nastiest stuff you could imagine. I couldn't close the distance and the shot was 520 yards up hill. I dialed in the turrets and hit the switch. Bullet caught the 10.5 year old buff behind the shoulder and it dropped, rolling 75 yards down the mountain (very steep mountain) and got wrapped up in a big pine tree. The bullet broke two ribs going in and one rib going out. Full penetration with a .50 piece sized exit hole. Several witnesses could not believe the .30-06 could do something like that at such a long distance. Of course, I had no doubts whatsoever, having done it several times. Love the round! Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.