Andrews1958,

that place jnyork suggested just might fit you. Not too bad of a drive, 3/4 of the year the weather is very pleasant. Camping available around the area if you want to stay for the weekend. They have other matches, but I didn't see any bench rest one. Opportunity for you to start one???

Originally Posted by jnyork
Here, try this, I have been there and shot, it isn't bad and not an all-day drive for you. https://www.ivrpa.club/

and best of all perhaps, since your OP and title mention "transfer" perhaps you can join for free

"Day use fee is $10 or free with a current membership or current active service military I.D. "

As mentioned by another. Good offshore fishing, the bays and surf are sometimes good too. Quite a number of the local reservoirs have stocked trout and warmwater species fishing, hunting might be a bit of work. Most of the county is suburban now.. Areas we used to shoot/hunt are filled with houses now. But there's small game in the hills/mountains, ground squirrels, quail and dove, and there's always the desert (ever seen one? I see you're coming from Maine).

Again, good luck.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?