There’s nothing quite as challenging or as satisfying as hunting the mountains of the west. Many guys have no concept of what it’s like not having cellphone service for a couple weeks when you’re in the mountains hunting. Or not being more than a few hours walk from the pickup truck. Or having to carry everything you need to survive for a couple weeks on your back in the most rugged country imaginable.

I don’t feel sorry for Californians when thinking in the context of outdoor “freedoms”. California is a beautiful and biologically diverse state with a wide variety of opportunities. I do feel sorry for guys to that don’t have those freedoms, they can’t just set out walking in one direction for days and days without seeing another person or even a trace of another person. I do feel sorry for guys that have to pay good money for a chunk of fenced cactus and sagebrush, if they want to be successful they have to have a more enticing blend of deer feed in their automatic feeders and not slam the truck door when headed to their blind for a cold beer.

To the OP....good luck on your transfer and don’t pay attention to the negativity. Life is what we CHOSE to make it and the quality of our lives does not depend on the politics of the day.

Freedom is as much a state of mind as it is a state itself.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~