Originally Posted by sbhooper
Originally Posted by Benbo
I’ve shot deer with a bunch of bullets out of my 308…. Never noticed anything working any better than regular old 150 Hornady spire points. I did try some 130TTSX’s in the last few years…. They were pretty impressive but the deer were just as dead from the cheap hornady bullets.

I lost count of how many does (and a few bucks) that the 150 Interlock has killed. I load them to over 2900 in my RAR and they shoot around 1/2-moa out to 300-when I can shoot that well, which is less often anymore. They are deadly on deer and I have never felt the need to go heavier. The 165 is great, too.

I will NEVER shoot another SST. At 2500 fps, I had them blow up on small white-tailed does. Some say that the newer ones are better, but why try, when there are great Interlocks and ELD bullets to shoot?

Was that a good while back?

A number of years ago I used the 165 SST in full steam loads for a buddy's 308. My old Oehler 33 showed them doing about 2740 fps IIRC. He didn't have any blow up problems. This was over ten years ago, maybe closer to fifteen.