As a kid we lived in Marquette, MI (KI Sawyer AFB) and several times Robert Voelker came to the Rod and Gun Club meetings. My father was on the Board and became friends with him. We fished with him a few times and he asked me to tie some flies for him which I did. He wrote "Trout Madness," "Trout Magic," and "Anatomy of a Murder" under the pen name Robert Traver.

Sarah Palin has been to my house many times and always gives me a hug when we bump into each other in an airport, or where ever.

James Earl Jones lives very close to the old family farm and is always classy, though a bit reclusive.

Had a very bad day with Hank Jr and cannot, could not, possibly detest the POS more.

Met Bob Milek while guiding and really liked him.

Did tons of work with Mary Mueller, an exceptional scrimshander. I cut much of the ivory for her and made bases for her work for many years. A couple times she could not go to the big SCI shows. I went to cover her booth for her and met many famous collectors of her work. The Presidents Bush, Bobbie Knight (an ass), Sylvester Stallone (even with his elevator shoes he is really short), the Brownells (extremely classy folks commissioned a large scrimshaw sheep, Mary did three to choose from and they took all.) The Bourse at SCI attracts a lot of heavy hitters.

Knew Ann and Nancy Wilson in college when their band was White Heart.

Ted Danson stayed in the camp (PBOC) where I lived in Prudhoe Bay and played basketball every night with us. They were filming some green energy bullshit show. He did not like being boxed out. No sniveling! Just played hard when being met solidly.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.