Had connections at WE Fest and had access to the backstage areas for many years. Met a lot of country stars over the years. This gave me an "in" with a country music station so met many more over several years. Met Shania Twain in her mid-teens before she took that name in a back woods town in Ontario. Met her again a decade later where she confirmed it was her.

Scrimmaged against Jerome Benton of the band The Time back in high school, met him later on and was on his guest list at 1st Avenue. Didn't use that much, not my music scene but I did use it to impress dates a few times. Also got to know Big Chick, Prince's bodyguard, through a friend's sister. He was the nicest guy you could meet but one wouldn't want to get on his bad side. Though one would have to really work at it to get there.

Lived a few blocks from Kent Hrbek and ice fished and visited with him and his wife at the local tavern with him regularly until he moved. Met Paul Krause and Bob Luertsema through their childrens' school and kept in sporadic contact with Bob for nearly 3 decades.

Dated a Cargill heir briefly. That was a relationship I should have worked harder on.