Ted Nugent at a campaign event for Bob Barr.

Walked past Bobby Cox, Braves manager during the 90's. He was walking out of Home Depot as I was walking in. I live about 70 miles from Atlanta, but Cox's daughter lives here. My wife taught his grandkids. I didn't make a scene, just nodded and said, Good Luck tonight coach. He nodded back and thanked me. They were playing a game later that night.

Almost exactly the same encounter with Steve Bartkowski walking out of a Bass Pro Shop. He was the Falcons QB during the 80's. This was after he retired.

We aren't close friends, but I've known "Arn Anderson", the former professional wrestler since 8th grade. Arn Anderson is a stage name. We are the same age and played football locally in the 70's. We went to different schools, but I got to know him when we were both on an All-Star team in 8th grade.

Ravishing Rick Rudd (another pro wrestler from the 80's) had 2 sons about the same age as my son. They played football together.

Pee Wee Anderson was a close friend of Arn Anderson and a state championship wrestler in the 119 lb class. Arn got him into professional wrestling as a referee. He was big time during the 80's before dying young of cancer. I only met Pee Wee once but worked with his wife/widow and taught his son and daughter.

I met John Hannah, (New England Patriots from 75-85 and probably the best offensive lineman to ever play) at a high school coaches' clinic. He was coaching HS football at the time and was at a clinic in the early 2000's. As a coach, not a presenter. One of the presenters (a young college coach) was showing how he taught his O linemen to pass block. After the presentation Hannah pulled the guy aside and showed him how he taught it. Both of them kicked off their shoes and were putting on full speed blocking drills. Good show.

Having played and coached sports most of my life I've known 20-25 people who played pro football, basketball or baseball. The only one currently is a girl in the WNBA. Most weren't well known. The most successful was Ray Donaldson who played 17 years at center for the Colts then Cowboys during the 80's and 90's. He has a Superbowl ring from the last time Dallas won a SB. I think he should be in the HOF after 17 years playing at a high level at that position.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.