I shot the .270 Weatherby and the 7mm Remington side by side for several years culling Aussie feral game. Here are the facts.

On deer sized game as your area of interest, I found the .270 Wby to be far and away the more emphatic killer. I would suggest that the reason for this is that the bullets are mostly designed for standard .270 Winchester velocities and when you push them that little but harder, they open faster and more reliably in medium game.

I also found the .270 Wby very sensative to powders. When you load 130 grainer to around 3300fps with the 4350's it is quiet and mild recoiling. When you load up to a full 3400fps with the 4831's there is a noticeable jump in muzzle blast. It gets very noisy.

The .270 loaded with the heavier 150 nd 160 Partitions makes it capable of handling much heavier game than you would think and it has been used on a great many water buffalo in Australia.

The 7mm is more a game cartridge as I found it quieter and an easy cartridge to load for myself. However, and there is always a however... it did not kill as efficiently as my 7x57 when shot side by side against it on medium game.

That does not mean I think the 7mm remington is less a cartridge and I feel you would be happy with either.

I personally, would shoose the rifle I liked most and worry about the cartridge second.

Bullets are getting so good today it is getting harder to make a bad choice.

AGW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.