150gn Nosler S Base
150gn Partition
160gn Failsafe
160gn Partition
160gn Partition Gold
175gn Barnes X
175gn Woodleigh SP
175gn Sierra BT

As to the question of ranges taken, all of them from a few rock throwing yards out to hold over ranges.

As to the animals that can be hunted apart from Buffalo, Roos and whatever the 3rd animals was?

foxes, pigs, wild horses, (Brumbies) donkeys, Fallow Deer in 4 color phases, Rusa deer, red deer, sambar deer, hog deer, chital (axis) banteng, goats, roo's, wild sheep, dingo's, wild dogs, camels, and whatever I can't think of on the spur of the moment.

It works like this:

You knock on a property owners door and ask for permission to hunt. If he says yes, he usually asks you to thin out whatever is his problem animals. I have had some say, "If it eats grass or drinks water, shoot it on sight.

I have had others order me to go on a cull before I hunt. Not that good an idea because you can stir things up more than you want but that is the deal.

Asking and Aussie to remember a kill is like asking someone to remember a specific plate of ice cream you once had.

Kind of progressed a little since then. You remembe rthe best kills and the worst results.

Seriously, all the 25's through to the 30's are good for deer sized game but the original question related to the .270 Weatherby and the 7mm Remington.

I have seen, to use the term I was corrected on, more emphatic kills with the .270 Wby than the 7mm Rem. I have also seen more DRT kills with the 7mm Mauser than the 7mm Rem. I have seen no difference between the 6.5x55 and the 7mm Mauser on one condition, that is, that the bullets are at 129gn Hornady or heavier. Thos bullets I tested lighter than that were dismal failure requiring multiple shots to drop game.

Another point MD covered once I think; A feral goat is a much tougher animal than a deer of equivalent size. The hair is longer and dog like, with an angora under pelt and the skin is over a 1/4 inch thick around the shoulder area. Likewise, the tenacity of these animals is like shooting rabbit with a .22 short. They seldom go down no matter the cartridge until you go .30 cal or over.

Hope this clear a few points.

AGW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.