Originally Posted by Gaschekt
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
Just grabbed a nice stash of 30 cal 155gr Lapua Scenars. After 40 pages of this thread I can't be happier I did. I had no idea it is such a great hunting bullet. This might call for a wet newsprint bullet expansion test

Why a test? The work has already been done, proof tested & corroborated by so many.

But..but.. I'm a test and development engineer by trade and I test everything. I will agree that it looks like we have a fabulous hunting bullet here. I did get out to the range for an initial accuracy test and these 30 cal 155 Scenar-L's (actual weight is 154.7grs) printed a 200 yd 5-shot group of 0.67" for 0.32 MOA precision from my target 308 Win single shot. I immediately bought out my friend's remaining supply and then I find this thread. Ode to the 24 hour Campfire. Testing all hunting bullets I use is always on my to-do list. I've tested everything from Barnes TTSX to Core-lokts to Win PP, and cast lead bullets. Most of these have well proven performance, but it's always interesting to see how they do with the exact load used in the field

I should have been more "pacific" (as my Uncle would say). I thought you were questioning the terminal efficacy. Load development is a requirement.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.