Having gone through this looong string of posts, not seeing an answer:
Anyone with experience with the 6.5x55 Lapua factory loaded 139 G Scenar? I scored several boxes of 50 a few years ago about the same time I laid hands on a bunch of 156g Norma Oryx loads, a bunch of 156g Lapua Mega loads, a bunch of Nosler 120G Partition loads and a bunch of Sako 140g Super Hammerheads. I had a good few weeks on finding deals on 6.5x55, I figure folks were dumping it in the 6.5 Creedmore craze.

Been using the Oryx and Mega loadings hunting swamp whitetails, they drop bucks pretty fast. Never really thought of using the open tip Scenars until working through this chain. I mostly bought b/c it was about the same price as buying Lapua brass. smile

Seems like lots of good experience with 308 Scenars, just curious if the Scenar bullet line is consistent in terms of cup hardness/thickness as reported here for lots of other calibers or if there may be a reason to not hunt with the 139s as opposed to some of the other Scenar bullets in 6.5 - seems like they make more different weights 100, 108, 120, 123, 136, & 139 though some of those loadings are described as "Scenar-L".

Thanx
RAS