Sorry to raise this from the dead after such a long time. I just wanted to say thank you to all that contributed to this thread it was very informative. For the last year and a half or so I have been sitting on a SAUM that I originally wanted to make into a 350 rm then began thinking, ( something that often happens when I spend to much time here at the fire after hunting season is over). I began contemplating a 375 wsm in that action given todays premiums. But kicking it around even more I thought I may be limiting the true potential of a 375 by going with short case and not being able to get the bigger and heavier bullets of the .37 in there and still having enough powder in there to make them what they should be. After reading this , I have realized that there is no need to mess with what ain't broke. I believe I am going to go the 375 H&H route and be done with it in its original configuration.Cool factor does little for me ,dead animals on the ground turn my crank and I think I can get there with the old standard . Thanks guys , I mean that. Happy new year to you .

I Kill Things......deal with it..