This is what I'm thinking so far...I have a TC Encore muzzle loader. I found a place that chambers for 375 H&H or even 375WSM or several other 375 standard or wildcats...Including the 376 Styer. The place is call Virgin Valley Custom Guns...anybody had any dealings with them? Anyway...it would be cheaper to experiment with the encore than to build a custom, then find out I can't handle it or it doesn't do what I would like for it to do. If it proves to be what I'm looking for then I would have a custom built afterward.

I now have, or have owned a lot of small bore stuff...with the exception of a 444 Marlin, which I ended up trading for another rifle years ago....reloaded for all of them. My 7 Mag is my pet though...at least for now ;-)

This isn't an "ego trip" for me...least I don't think so ;-). It's all a hobby and I've always wanted a big bore for elk, moose or the big bears or even perhaps a once-in-a-life time African hunt. This is one of the reasons for the choice of 375 caliber, not to mention the article I referred to. If I was gonna be totally practical...my 7mm Mag will do all of this ...except maybe the dangerous game of Africa...but as many here say..."can you ever have enough guns?" LOL!!

I love to reload and work up loads...I have a "custom load" for nearly every weight bullet in 7 Mag now...and I'm always looking for a better load. (Looking forward to working up a good load for the 7mm 120 TXS). I do all the "accuracy tricks" to the brass and all that stuff. So, wildcat brass forming would be a pleasure, not a problem to me.

I may do this right after Christmas unless someone here comes up with a better idea. Thanks for the ideas so far and keep 'em coming if you have any more.

L8r Jim

BTW, DJ...thanks for the offer but I won't be near there anytime soon.

L8r Jim