Cyber, all ego trips aside. I built a 375/350 Rem Mag several years ago(before the 376 styer). It is on a 98 Mauser and is throated to take advantage of the 3.1" magazine. It has been a great rifle with plenty of power and accuracy. It would be behind the WSM but not by much. My rifle has a 23" barrel and shoots 250gr Sierra's at about 2750+ and 260gr Accubonds at 2650 fps. It is a medium recoil rifle...more than my 358 Win. The thing I like about my 375/350 is it is very flexable with plenty of top end power. I think a 375 WSM would be just as flexable. I wouldn't worry about die costs...it is a one time expence. My CH4D dies for my 375/350 were less than $100. I have factory and wildcat rounds. I shoot and hunt for fun and hobby. I don't let the standard "wildcat" issues get in my way of trying something I want to try. That way when I die, people can say " well, at least he didn't just shoot factory chambered rifles" I say have fun and pick something you want to try....factory or not. If you dont like it then change it....it is just machine work. Have fun and good luck with whatever you try.

Mark H