Let me start out by apologizing to CyberVirus for taking this thread away from your topic, and give a YMMV opinion on what you might consider. Check out a 23� or 24� Barrel chambered in the 375 Taylor from Bullberry or OTT as I think this will get you exactly where you want to be relative to performance and once you�ve got it you may never look past that to a custom bolt gun. A little extra barrel length on the Encore is generally unnoticeable as the short action length compensates for the extra carry length.

Markh, well said, and sorry I don�t normally get into this sort of petty verbal ping-pong, but what the hell, I�m a little bored waiting for the Turkey so I�ll volley this one more time as it seems my friend Wetibbe has �thrown the gauntlet�.

I believe if you were to actually read the chain of posts you'd realize that I responded to a direct question from CyberVirus when he asked

This is what I'm thinking so far...I have a TC Encore muzzle loader. I found a place that chambers for 375 H&H or even 375WSM or several other 375 standard or wildcats...Including the 376 Styer. The place is call Virgin Valley Custom Guns... anybody had any dealings with them? Anyway...it would be cheaper to experiment with the encore than to build a custom

I believe I also clearly stated in that response that the WSMs weren't a good choice in an encore.

To my knowledge no one will build a WSM in an encore anymore including VVC before they stopped taking orders. The Short Fat's don't really go well with the Encore so nobody's making them. You can get the H&H, Taylor etc. from Bullberry.

It appears that in several instances you're limited reading ability has not allowed you to grasp the entire content of CyberVirus�s questions but rather to focus on strictly those portions where you saw an opportunity to lecture in your self-aggrandizing fashion. Earlier in this chain you seemed entirely focused on the "Muzzle Loader" aspect, then attempted to excoriate him because of your lack of understanding. In a sincere attempt to give you a more informed position, I simply explained the merits of the Encore for his purposes. Then you attempted to extol your knowledge of T/C�s and lecture me. Bad choice, I don�t know nearly as much about bolt guns as some of the experts on this forum, but I have sense enough to keep my mouth shut and learn from the people who do.

When you realized you were in over your head, you decided to again try and change the topic in an attempt to focus on caliber choice. You then put forth a definition of "Wildcat" and proceed to proffer the flaws of your own skewed solutions of rechambering a 375 Winchester barrel. From there you proceeded to wade even deeper and imply that wildcatting in general is decidedly unsuitable due to lack of testing and valid load development and perhaps some inference to cost.

As I already stated, I don�t agree with a WSM in an Encore, but all of your arguments clearly ignore the fact that Virgin Valley did offer a 375 WSM in the Encore. Once again we stumble over you apparent lack of reading comprehension in addressing the man�s question.

There would be no load data. New loads would need to be developed. Since the wildcatter would not have any expensive lab CUP or piezoelectric equipment he most likely would not know what pressures were being produced. He could chronograph velocities but that would be useless for determing pressure.

Why don�t we ask Charlie Sisk if Custom Builders have access to adequate pressure testing equipment?

Despite all of your exegesis, I think it's all relatively simple. You didn't know what you were talking about, were in too big a hurry to demonstrate your superior knowledge and end us looking like an A$$.

Try reading and comprehending what the man asked, then offer him some sound �constructive� advice with some authentic knowledge or shut the [bleep] up and stop reading the wildcatting topics.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/