Originally Posted by BC30cal
ironbender;
Good evening my cyber friend, I hope that this fine Friday finds you and your wonderful family well.

While I'm cognizant that the initial video and many of the respondents - not all mind you - are answering with performance in mind, I'll go with longevity and putting bugger all in for maintenance.

The mines in the Yukon would run the old 12 Valve 5.9 engines on their gensets, so it'd be running up against the governor in between shutting it down for service and then back up balls to the wall. They ran for next to forever so I hear.

We had 250 I6 from a Canadian Pontiac car - a '71 - that powered a grain conveyor on the farm. So it'd go from dead cold to flat out, run for about a half hour, then off for a couple hours in -40°, rinse and repeat. Again, it just would not die... We didn't really like it either somehow, but it would not die.

The 300 I6 from the mid '80's when they went fuel injected would go for a long time, then needed the timing chain replaced and they'd go again for longer.

As mentioned too the 22R Toyota with the early EFI is very well thought of by the local 4x4 builders here.

All the best to you all this Christmas Season ironbender.

Dwayne

The 300’s had timing gears. No chain.