Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
The Oldsmobile 403 has a fantastic (over square) Bore & stroke ratio for performance... 4.351 bore, 3.385 stroke... but the blocks and cranks were weaker than schit (typical GM stunt)... i've got one in my 79 Trans am, i upgraded to a nodular "N" crank, main studs and straps and a big oil pump... ported W-31 heads, Hi-rise intake, headers & hot cam... makes 425 ft lbs @ the rear wheels... mid range is fantastic, wants to rev like a 302, Wails like a Banshee... but every time the tach gets above 5500 RPM i get a qweezy feeling in my stomach... it's holding up so far... lol

IIRC, if the hood scoop decal on a Trans Am said "6.6 L," it had the Olds engine and if the decal on the scoop said "6.6 T/A," it had a Pontiac 400 in it. Am I right?? Just want to stress my memory a bit.

I had a 76 with the Pontiac 400 in it. I drove the everlovin' shit outa that car.
yes the 403 T/A's said 6.6 Litre on the Shaker, and the optional 200/220 HP W72 Poncho 400's 77-79 got T/A 6.6 decals... the standard 185 HP Poncho 400's in 77/78 had no shaker callouts at all or some may have had 6.6 Litre callouts as well... mine just has 6.6 on it now... i should add a ? mark just to phuqk with people...