Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
What, no love for the Dodge 340 tri-power??? 😁

350 interations. When I worked at the V-8 engine plant we manufactured motors for;
Corvette
Z-28
IROC
Comaro
ZZ-3
Police Interceptor
Marine
Regular Passenger Vehicles
Light Duty Truck
Heavy Duty Truck
Bus
Industrial; Gen Set, Irrigation Pump
Plus a few more...
i was 7 yrs old in 1970... i rode along to Florida from Wi. with my older sister and her boyfriend in his just delivered 70 AAR Cuda'... Lemon Twist with a 340/6Brl 4 speed... there was a few stop light drag races... i still remember the smell of burnt clutch and oil vapor at 6k...

One of the got away's that I had forgotten about until now. Thanks for bringing up a painful reminder. Ha. ALMOST had 1 bought in I'm gonna say the yr would've been 87-88. Sitting in amongst a bunch of other cars at a small shop. Yellow/black paint. All original and everything was there. 6 pack with the air cleaner, everything. Just needed to be gone over and restored, but it wasn't rough.

Got to poking around about it and conversing with the shop about buying it. We were in a back and forth dialogue about buying it and the price. Somewhere along the line they realized what it was and that was the end of that. Rare bird. Couldn't believe at the time I ran across it. Still think about it at times.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.