1973 was a good year for buying guns for me. grinIIRC, I fond some good deals that year. Probably one of the best was a very lightweight FN Mauser chambered to the .270. Knocked off a few coyotes and a nice Mule deer but wasn't too happy with all the meat destruction so on advice from a friend I went to the 150 gr. Sierra Game King. Much better in my opinion. In the passing years I've added another commercial Mauser, a Ruger #1A and a Winchester XTR that came equipped with a McMillan stock from the factory. They all shoot very well with the Game King load I used in the first rifle which BTW, I still have. The last game animal I shot with a .270 was an Antelope on a ranch hunt in 2009. After a relatively easy stalk I took the shot at about 75 yards, one and done. The goat staggered for maybe 30 feet tops and died.

The one thing I found most interesting about my .270s was they were the easiest rifles to find a good load for out of many I've worked with. If I ever decide to seriously thin out the herd, a couple of those 270s will still be in the safe.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE