Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by RevMike
Here's the exact quote from JOC regarding why he's seen more animals killed with the 7x57:

"Yet I think I have seen more game killed with fewer shots from this modest little cartridge than with any other. The explanation for its deadly efficiency does not lie in blinding velocity, in big bullets, in a frightening number of foot pounds of energy. It lies in the light recoil, coupled with the excellent hunting accuracy of so many 7×57s. Those who use it are not afraid of it and, as a consequence, they tend to shoot it well—and to place their shots well. In case no one has told you, the most important factor in killing power is putting that bullet in the right spot."

That is from this article: https://gundigest.com/more/classic-guns/forty-years-little-7mm

As JB and lots of others have mentioned, it all boils down to not being afraid of the cartridge (i.e. recoil, muzzle blast, etc.), and with today's bullets it's arguable whether or not a "Loud-n-Boomer" is even necessary for the majority of game most of us hunt. Now, if someone "wants" to hunt and shoot his L-n-B, that's an entirely different issue.
RevMike, that particular article you have quoted is a shortened and modified version of the article I referred to- The 7 x 57: Cartridge with Nine Lives. The exact quote you refer to is not the exact quote in the article I refer to. I have a hardcopy in front of me, but it would be an infringement of copyright to post it.

So,do you have any real experience or just book experience?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.