Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Pissed off because someone wants to keep and eat a probable "fish of a lifetime" sounds more like jealousy.

Speak for yourself!

I would like to catch one of the monsters someday, but I would not keep it. I would take pictures of it in the water before I released it though.

For me the fun is in the catching, not the keeping, nothing to prove here. I have been fishing for Halibut for years. As others here have said, I prefer Ling Cod over Halibut and I only keep Halibut < 40 lbs.

Every Halibut fisherman knows the hens are the large Halibut, and they do produce millions of eggs over their life cycle, and they are Stringy and not good to eat IMO.
Must be why the Japanese buyers pay a huge premium for "whales."

They and the Chinese also pay a huge premium for Chinook, which is NOT GOOD for people like me who fish the Skeena River in BC.

A couple of years ago they completely shut down the Skeena River to Sport Fishing, and with The Skeena River being one of the premier rivers in the world for Chinook runs, that's not good!

Canada has a rich history of destroying our fishers on both the east and west coasts, commercial fishing is a curse.
And your connection to logic is where?

I grew up on the East Coast and watched Trawlers decimate the Cod Fishery, and watched Over Fishing for Atlantic Salmon destroy the stocks as well.

Sport Fishing does not decimate fish populations, commercial fishing does. Not to forget the kill rate on the bycatch is horrendous.

That is the fact and I base my logic on Facts Not Fiction. Just Saying

I have ZERO argument with anyone who wants to kill giant Hen Halibut, I say Fill your Boots and whatever turns your crank, go right ahead!

I don't understand it and you will not be seeing me to it.

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/02/24.

KB