Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I wonder what percentage of voters will swing based on VP choice. I suspect that it is remarkably few. I also suspect that out of those few, it's easier to get people to swing away based on choice rather than toward.

Exactly. People don't vote for or against a president because of the VP.

Perhaps not ordinarily, but I think a lot of independant and even many Dem voters will be concerned by the fact that Kamala is the backup for Biden, and it's likely that, if Biden were elected, his VP likely will become President before his second four-year tour is up.

IMO, Trump is far less likely to die or fail mentally than Biden before the end of 2028, but, for the same reason, I think many GOP and independent voters would be more-likely to vote for Trump if he takes on someone they like as his VP. Trump would be 82 by the end of the four-year term.

Separately, I don't think Vivek has the personality to be elected Pres in 2028 or whenever. Aside from everything else, and aside from any views I have on him, he was just too angry in the debates. It turned a lot of people off, I think, especially women. He would need to reign in his venom quite a bit I think to make a real run at it. By contrast, although Trump is often disparaging of his competitors in debates, he seems somewhat happy in doing so, and often makes people laugh. Vivek just comes off as angry, and I don't think I've ever seen him pull of an attempt at humor.